Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Intermediate class

I have the wonderful pleasure of training for Petsmart. It's more than I expected it to be, especially when I have dogs like Gunnar and Shelton come along.  They are a reminder of why I train with petmart, why I train at all.

Gunnar





Shelton






If you ever loose sight of the goal of training, all you have to do is come join this class...What a small class with big hearts.

My biggest, most important goal, is to help my students make a special bond with their dog, because when all the behaviors are pushed aside, the bond is what really counts. That bond is also the most difficult thing to teach! How do you talk about something that is is indescribable? These teams have somehow gotten a hold of that bond. And as they practice and train, their dogs' eyes light up and I hear trills of laughter, and at that moment all is well and beautiful. And my heart is full.


















No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

As a trainer and owner of C.O.R.E. Canines (corecanines.com) I enjoy using the most recent positive reinforcement techniques to train my own dogs as well as my students dogs. I love writing, especially when it has to do with dogs! I have a passion for doing all things fun with my two amazing pups. My Australian Shepherd, Rusty - 7 year old, tri color boy. He currently has 16 agility titles. My Border Collie, Lyric - 2 year old black and white girl, known as "Wicked" in agility because of her crazy passion, and "Rikki" in therapy as a sweet snuggle bug.